The old St. Ives Town Bathing Pool

The St. Ives Town Bathing Pool on Holt Island, opened in 1912 in the days when swimming in the River Ouse was thought possible! Today it serves as a marina for the use of the Sea Scouts who have their Head Quarters on the island the bulk of which is now a wild-life sanctuary.

Holt Island is deceptively close to the town, as the picture below shows the Parish Church of All Saint's, the church being a short walk form the town centre.

St Ives Parish Church from the old St. Ives Town Bathing Pool