Two photographs of the Manor House on Bridge Street, St Ives taken around 100 years apart
The large Elizabethan timber-framed Manor House in Bridge Street is the oldest extant house in St Ives being constructed around 1600 and was owned at that time by the Lord of the Manor however it probably was used more as an estate office for collecting rents and tolls than as a dwelling. There are carvings within the Manor House dated 1619 and used to be ones on the exterior dated 1616. The property today is divided into a number of different dwellings and businesses including Riverside Tea Rooms and Shades of White Bridal shop.
Both the photographs below were taken from a similar location on the bridge over the River Great Ouse roughly 100 years apart.
The Manor House in 1900
The Manor House, or rather Riverside Tea Roooms, in 2000