Two photographs of the buildings on the Town Quay at St Ives taken around 100 years apart
The buildings currently occupying the wharf, alongside the River Great Ouse, now known as The Quay were all constructed at sometime after 1690. Prior to that date it was the buildings along the northern side of Bull Lane, the road to the rear of those currently occupying the quay, which faced the river. The huge space between Bull Lane and the wharf was need to handle the goods being brought to St Ives for the market.
Buildings along St Ives Quay in 2000
St Ives Quay as it was around 1900