External website will open in a new window
Map Centre Position: Lat , Long . Map Zoom Level:
The email address above has been scripted to prevent automatic page scanning tools from easily reading it
A picture of The Cattle Market
These additional facilities may have different opening times, follow link for details
On the 4th October 1886 the Duke of Manchester opened the new cattle market in St Ives brining to an end the 700 year old practise of selling livestock in the streets of the town. The Bullock Market was renamed the Broadway as it remains to this day although the Sheep Market still retains its old name.
One wonders if the move did any good as 90 years later in 1976 the market closed for the last time and although the covered auction ring and a few sections of the railings of the animal enclosures are still extant. The livestock market today, other than a small area taken up by the St Ives Bus Station, is largely a car park.
By way of an historical note all the main posts of the surviving enclosures bear the crest of the old Borough of St Ives.
The Owner/Manager may Login and add products or services available from this location via their Control Panel
The information displayed on this page is under the control of the owner/manager of this location. They have the ability to connect with the website and administer the information about the location themselves.